Because I'll be leaving for China in precisely 11 days, I've been going on a sort of goodbye tour of Minnesotan places, friends, and food. So I have spent my days over the last week or so rollerblading beautific places in Minnesota, hanging out with great and amazing friends, and getting a taste of different foods I'll miss when I'm abroad in Shanghai, as well as getting a taste of what I'll find in Shanghai! To the left is the buffet we (Fizza, Melinda, Aimee, Dehlia, Naomi, and me) procured at the Hmong Market. Along with amazing clothes, fresh produce, and various knick-knacks was really good authentic Asian cuisine! It was great, I was initially sort of scared of the whole fried fish, but it tasted awesome!
Another thing I expect will be rare in Shanghai would be copious amounts of red meat, no, I know it's not the best for you, but I really do love steak!
And lastly, one of the things I'll truly miss in Asia is... Asian food? Well not exactly, Americanized Chinese food is not authentic, but let's face it, it's pretty darn awesome!
It was a pleasure meeting you! I must follow you as I would be very interested in seeing your adventure in China. I'll be looking forward to your posts. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dhila! I'm so looking forward to it! Yay!
ReplyDelete