Tuesday, August 10, 2010

24 Days to China

Hello! Welcome to my blog about China!

In 24 days I will be embarking upon the journey of a lifetime; on September 3rd, 2010 I will be traveling to Shanghai, China where I will live for a year teaching English as a Second Language. It is really exciting, but also really nerve wracking!

This is my checklist of things I have: finished the TEFL certificate, a job, a digital camera, my re-newed passport, Lonely Planet guide to China, a few ideas of fun things to do in China, new sandels, new hiking boots, a new laptop, laptop carrying bag, external hard drive, and all of the cords for these various devices.

The far more terrifying checklist is that which still needs to be completed: a plane ticket, my visa. (I know, these are two very scary things to not have. The company that I will be teachingwith is getting my visa for me and I'm not technically supposed to buy my ticket until they've secured my visa).

When I get to China I will have a couple of weeks to find an apartment and get settled, but after that who knows what will happen?! So if you're interested, please feel free to follow along on this exciting adventure with: Cailininchina.blogspot.org! Thanks for all of your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment