Wednesday, August 11, 2010

23 Days to China

This, by the way, is the all-purpose computer messenger bag I went with so that I can haul my computer around in China and talk to you guys back home!
In order to leave the country I still need the two most important things I could possibly need: my visa to live and work in China, and my plane ticket. The quandry here is this, EF (the company I will be working for) does not want me to waste my money on a plane ticket if there does happen to be some issue with my visa, but if I wait too long to buy a ticket and am forced to buy my ticket, say, the week I leave I will personally be wasting lots of money. To attempt to relieve myself of this craziness I met with a friend today, did some rollerblading, get some awesome bubble tea, and engaged in lots of girl talk in order to focus on the positive things in my life; I also took care of my cavity - but I did NOT necessarily consider that a positive experience; and in any case I think I've come to the most cost effective solution... I will have to ask the company about the cancelation and/or date change fees, and buy a ticket hoping that I truly will leave September 3rd, rather than October 3rd, and if not I'll have to insurance of being able to change my departure date, but if things work out the way I hope I will not have to buy a ticket, say, the day before I leave.

2 comments:

  1. Exercise is a terrific anti-anxiety drug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rollerblade or get out and do something active nearly everyday, but, man! I have still been stressing about this bag. I think I might be ready to think about letting it go though...

    ReplyDelete