Friday, August 27, 2010

1 Week to China

For the most part this last week has been full of the same things as many weeks: I took care of my grandpa, I hung out with some friends, and I kept chipping away at the giant 'to do' list that I would like to take care of before I leave. However, I didn't really have any huge emotional breakdowns, there has been a considerable lack of chaos, and things just seem to be happening the way they are suppose to. This is entirely comforting to me, and dissuades me from returning to the freak out status! Also, this last Wednesday was my birthday, and I celebrated (as per usual) with family, friends, and food!

Sunday, August 22
I went to Baja Sol with my friend Betsy, where I indulged in the carnitas sandwich, not that I could eat all of it, I took half of it home... and promptly ate the other half later in the night! This was pulled pork, doused with melted cheese and chipotle barbeque sauce! The cilantro cole slaw was one the side.

Tuesday, August 24

My friend, Brant (alias: Brantnare) took me out to Norton's in downtown Red Wing (Norton's is owned by the bassist of Husker Du, Greg Norton) and that was also fabulous! We started out with Tappas: Chorizo sausage, cheese (with some sort of jam on it), salted nuts, and dipping oil.

And then we moved on to Brant's favorite, the sammy (or s'miches). I had the Vietnamese sandwich with patte, ham, cilantro, red onion, carrots, and asian dipping sauce.
And this is the empty dish of creme burle that Brant and I ate before I remembered to take a picture of it.

1 comment: