Tuesday, August 17, 2010

18 Days to China

So, with18 days remaining until I leave for China the question remains; what do I want to do? Answer: hang out with friends, AND eat the food that I love here and will likely be harder to find in another country. Today I answered these two quandaries by hanging out and walking down by the river with Kat and eating at Cecil's.



The walk down by the river was perfect, it was a beautiful sunny day in the seventies (which has been a very welcome cool-down lately) and I took a ton of pictures (many of which are posted on Facebook in the album titled, Minnesota!); but more than anything I think I'm going to really miss the smells around Minnesota. Down by the Mississippi it smells like warm, moist, vegetation; in the suburbs you can always smell freshly mowed grass; and in the city it smells like... well the city! People, food, and asphalt! Then fall will come with the cool, crisp sent of sugar and dying leaves.



I should mention at this juncture that it is my intention to take as many pictures as possible of the food that I'm eating in China and posting it on this blog so that you can see what I'm eating, whatever that may be. So in keeping with this thought that I would also add the pics of my favorite foods (Minnesota cusine) I'll be indulging in before I take off. This sandwich is a representative of the sandwich I actually ate (Chicago style pastrami know as, the "Some Like it Hot!" This is technically the Rueben I brought back for my mom, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Cecil's rules. I doubt you're gonna find a good deli in Shanghai. Maybe if you visit Hong Kong...

    ReplyDelete